Saturday, September 26, 2009

Well as my oh so "techy" daughter will say when she sees this blog...Wow, mom; I'm proud of you....you learned how to blog. A few months ago, I didn't even know what a blog was. Yes, my darling daughter, I learned it on my own!!!
And you are the one who inspired me to do so. Thank you!!! Now let me tell you all a story; whoever you all are. About a month ago I went with a group of friends to see the movie "Julie & Julia". It was a great movie. I came away from there with the phrase used by Julie while talking with her husband, "you know how I never finish anything" ringing in my ears. If the shoe fits...well you know the rest of it. This phrase encapsulates my life. I come from a long line of non-finishers. There are always excuses as to why things are not finished, but few are legitimate. So I started this blog to begin something that I intend to finish in one year. From January 1st to December 31st of 2010 I will complete a mission. I want to invite you all (whoever you are) to come with me on a journey that will last for one year. Besides working in the same place for 11 years, and being married for almost 35 years, it will be the longest thing I ever tried to finish. I am beginning today to count down. It is 96 days from today to January 1st. I will blog each day and tell you a little about my life, the events of my life have brought me afterall to the place I am today. I will tell you stories about my childhood, adolescence, college days, childbearing years, marriage, the marriage of two of my children, the deaths of both my parents and finally what brought me to this point in my life. The desire to finish something, 365 days of completing a vision. Please come walk with me on my journey....I hope you will profit from it in some way. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment