Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Wednesday morning and I have to leave shortly. This morning I was thinking about my little "Cubbies"...you may not know what Cubbies are, s0 I'll tell you about them. They are a group of children 2, 3 & 4 yrs. old at my church.
We have a Bible club called AWANA. It's a fantastic children's program. I have been an AWANA worker in some capacity (everything form secretarial work to teaching and directing various clubs) for almost 16 years. It is very rewarding and something I look forward to every Wednesday night at 6:30.

The Cubbies are a mixture of older 2's to older 4's depending on when their birthday's fall during the year, kind of like the school system, because it's a program that coincides with the school year.

What a blessing it is to direct this group of high energy children. I have 5 wonderful assistant teachers and anywhere from 19 to 23 children. It is a fun filled night of games, snacks, Bible memorization and Bible stories, and of course lots of questions and random comments from the kids.
They always have an opinion and usually feel free to express it.

The AWANA program is available all over the world and ministers to kids from age 2 through high school. If you are looking for a program for your children that is fun and centered on teaching them character and Biblical principles that they can apply in their everyday lives, taught by loving, nurturing people; seek out a church near you that offers AWANA. Your children will love you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment