Monday, October 26, 2009

I want to thank you all for your prayers for my phone ministry friend, Mikka.
She got an excellent report from the Dr. today. She is in the clear as far as any illness that will require further tests or treatment. She will have to be seen again in three months. Praise God for his answers to prayer. Please continue to pray for her family as she desires to see God's hand at work in her husband and their relationship. Psalm 34:1 "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth."

I have spoken about the Bible study that my accountability partner and I are doing. We have reached the study of the construction of the tabernacle finally!!
And a wonderful thought hit me today as I was reading in Exodus chapter 25, where God speaks to Moses and gives him a very extensive list of (offerings) that should be brought to the site where the tabernacle was to be built. I thought it was interesting that the people had so much to bring even though they had been traveling in the wilderness.

Where did they get all that stuff? They didn't go to the corner hardware store, jewelry store or farm....so, I went back to the passage in Exodus chapter 11 and 12 where Pharaoh could not get rid of them quickly enough after the death plague went through the land of Egypt just as Moses had warned it would.
In these two chapters the Bible tells us that God's chosen ones carried with them all of the items that God was asking them now to give as a free will offering to be used in the construction of the tabernacle.

When the people were finally freed from slavery, they didn't know what was ahead, they didn't know that they would fall from God's grace through their sin, they didn't know that they would be wandering for forty years and they didn't dream of how God would design a wonderful way to restore the fellowship he desired to have with His chosen ones through the building of the tabernacle.

But God did know all of these things. He turned the heart of Pharaoh and the Egyptian people to the point that they were showering the children of Israel with gold, silver, brass, cattle, flocks, herds, clothing, and all the other things that God would use to allow the continuance of sacrifices and the ability of the people to construct the tabernacle to His exact specifications; right down to the purple, blue and scarlet yarn that would be used to make the curtains that would hang over the wood construction of the tabernacle walls in Exodus chapter 26.

Isn't God great?? He knows today, exactly what we will need tomorrow and is already making provision for it. Be faithful to him fellow travelers and He will certainly be faithful to you!!!

Seek him and He will find you. Isaiah 65:24 "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear."

We have no idea what we may face tomorrow; an illness, the loss of a loved one, loss of a job, financial ruin, etc. But God does!! He will make provision for you, no matter what comes into your life..trust Him with everything.

Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you."

No comments:

Post a Comment