Friday, October 16, 2009

Today, I got an update from the young lady from a few weeks ago that I spoke with during the phone ministry at my church. She is having a really hard time understanding why God is allowing the difficulties in her life right now.
I of course told her that I can't really tell her why...but I do know that God has made many promises to us as Christians that she needs to keep in mind during difficult times.

In Deuteronomy 23:14 "For the Lord thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.
God is asking us to examine our hearts for sin (known and unknown) to rid our hearts of it and then He is there to deliver us and to give us the victory over our enemies (whatever or whoever they are).

In Psalm 84:11-12 "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee." Keep on trusting, no matter what the enemy tells you!!!

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."

What wonderful promises to be with us, to be light and strength and give us the victory over our enemy......praise God for His wonderful grace and mercy to us; we are so unworthy!!! Rest in Him today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment