Today was my Sunday to be on the prayer lines again. I am always in awe of how God works. He gave me several wonderful calls today.
One of the young ladies I spoke with really encouraged me with her strong stand she was willing to take. It seems that her ex-boyfriend was not a very good influence on her and as many people think in their minds when approaching a relationship with an unbeliever; she was going to win him to the Lord through having a relationship with him. As many people have experienced, the opposite actually happens. This guy brought her down and out of the will of the Lord for her. She was pulled away from her standards by the desire to be close to the boyfriend. I am so proud of her, because she has recently told him that she cannot get back together with him because of her faith. We prayed together and she encouraged me as much as I was able to encourage her. Please join me in praying for her as she continues to honor Christ with her life. She needs the strength of the Lord to continue to resist the urge to stray from the path that God has for her life. We also need to pray for the salvation of the young man.
God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
Another call I answered was from an 85 year old woman who is very dismayed by the policies of our president. She was concerned about her anger and bitterness toward the man that God has put in place to lead our country.
I must say that I have had the same angry feelings because of his policies and the direction in which he is taking our country. I shared with her that I too had to adjust my attitude and confess it as sin and ask God to replace the fear with the assurance that He is in control. Not an easy thing to do!!
She also told me that she was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. The Dr.'s have no idea where it came from, because she has never smoked or drank and there is no obvious reason for the cancer. I have joined her in praying that if God would see fit and it is in accordance with his will that she will be healed.
Join me as I lift her up for healing. She did tell me that she has no fear associated with the cancer. She is totally depending on God to be with her through the process. We had 21 other calls today...and two assurances of salvation; it was a really good day in the Lord's service.....praise His name!!
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment