Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I was sent an amazing video from my aunt Dottie this morning about a 92
year old woman who was confronted by a robber after loading her groceries in her car. It has made the national news.
She had read a passage in her Bible in the morning before it happened.

The passage was in II Chronicles 7 and verse 14 "If my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

After loading her groceries she got into her car and was immediately accosted by a guy who jumped into the front passenger seat and told her he had a gun. He ask her for her money and she refused to give it to him; not once but three times. How much courage does that take?? More than most of us have. She proceeded to tell the man that Jesus was in the car with her and that He went with her everywhere she went. She then told him that the worst that could happen to her would be that she would go to heaven if he killed her, but, he would go to hell. She said the man began to cry, his demeanor changed, and he told her he was going to go home and pray. She said you don't have to wait until you get home. You can pray anywhere. She then gave all the money she had to him ($10.00) and said don't spend it on liquor now!!

As I watched the video of this brave elderly lady trusting God with her very life, in order to be a witness for Him, I knew that God had put her in that situation to reach this young man. I've always been told that God works in mysterious ways that are so much higher than ours that they are above our understanding. This is definitely a case in point!!!

May God grant us the strength and courage to recognize the opportunities that are given to us to reach those around us; no matter the circumstance!!

As the video went back to the news reporter. His last comment was that the station had contacted the lady and invited her to come to New York for interviews and she refused, saying "No, I think I'll just reach people right here where I am." Isn't that what God has commanded all of His children to do?

What a blessing and inspiration. May God give this lady many more years.
I have a feeling that she has been inspiring people her entire life.
Have a blessed day and take advantage of every opportunity to live for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment