OOOPS!!! I must apologize to those who are following my blog.
I allowed yesterday to pass without a post. This emphasizes to me that I need to work on time management. Yes, I am busy and things happen unexpectedly, that's life, but come January 1st, there will be no excuses! This is good practice for next year's blog through the Bible. Some scheduling changes need to be made before 1/1/2010.
On September 27th during our church phone ministry (prayer lines during our TV broadcast) I spoke with a young lady, who I promised to follow up with.
She and I have been talking and I wanted to let you know that God is working in her life. Her husband accompanied her to church last Sunday, even though she relayed to me that it was obvious that Satan was fighting it. God won the victory...so please continue to join me in praying for her husband and her as God is working in her heart as well.
The conversation I had with her was a reminder to me that when we pray expecting God to answer our prayer, we must also be willing to accept the fact that there may need to be some changes made in our own hearts and lives to see that prayer answered. Often we will pray for sister so-in-so to get her heart right or brother so-in-so the kick that bad habit, without realizing that we have sin in our lives that are affecting the allowance of that prayer to be answered.
In Psalm 66:18 David wrote; "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me." If we have sin in our lives, our prayers are unable to be heard by God.
It is imperative that we confess and known of unknown sin to God, before we request anything from Him. I was taught during my college years that when we pray we should (Confess, Adore, Thank and then Request)
1)Prayers of Confession will cleanse our heart (I John 1:9)"If we confess our sin He is faithful and just toforgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
2)Prayers of Adoration confirm our love for Him, and these verses reminds us that it is the first commandment (Matthew 22:37-38) "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment."
3)Prayers of Thanksgiving are our way of showing our gratitude for what God has done for us (Ephesians 5:20) "Giving thanks always, in all things unto God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
I have always felt that once I've done these three things I am then ready to make request of my father. (Ephesians 4:6) "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Amen He said in all things!!!!
I find so much comfort in that verse because it reminds me that He loves us so much that He desires to hear us, not just when we need something big to happen, but even in the little things "every thing" Have a blessed day Ya'll!!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I missed blogging yesterday too! gonna play catch up tonight. there are no excuses but I chose to skip blogging to spend time with Joe... well worth it! And YAY for him and her and God working in their hearts!
ReplyDeleteLove you
Brooke